THE DAIRY KITCHEN Shiraz, Raisin and Bay Compote with Washed Rind
By THE DAIRY KITCHEN
Preparation 10 MINS
Cooking 40 MINS
This caramelised onion, raisin and red wine compote is the ideal match for the strong, engaging washed rind.
Ingredients1 tablespoon olive oil
3 onions, finely sliced
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup raisins
2 bay leaves
freshly ground black pepper
wedge of washed rind, for serving
baguette, for serving
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add onions and cook for 10 minutes
- or until soft.
- Add sugar and cook for a further 5 minutes, before adding raisins, wine and spices.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until dark and slightly syrupy.
- Spoon mixture into an airtight container or jar and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
- Serve compote at room temperature with baguette and wedges of Fire Engine Red.