THE DAIRY KITCHEN Rose Scented Yoghurt Mousse with Crushed Black Pepper Raspberries and Persian Fairy Floss
By THE DAIRY KITCHEN
Preparation 20 MINS
Cooking 0 MINS
Make this delicious mousse at the final of a vegetarian dinner. Agar Agar is a vegetarian alternative to gelatine and is available in health for shops.
Ingredients3 teaspoons (3g) pure agar agar powder
2/3 cup (160g) caster sugar
160mL thickened cream
2 vanilla beans, split lengthways, seeds scraped
750mL Greek style natural yoghurt
Crushed Raspberries500g fresh raspberries
1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
1 tablespoon (20g) caster sugar
To ServePersian fairy floss, for garnish (optional)
- Combine agar agar, sugar, half the cream, vanilla bean and seeds in a saucepan and stir over low heat, until dissolved. Remove from heat and strain into a large bowl. Cool for 5 minutes then stir in yoghurt and rosewater.
- Beat remaining cream until soft peaks form and fold gently into yoghurt mixture.
- Pour mixture into 10 martini or dessert glasses. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until just set.
- Pass 2/3 of the raspberries through a sieve, discard seeds. Stir sugar and pepper into the puree then fold in remaining raspberries.
- Top each yoghurt mousse with a spoonful of raspberry mixture and decorate with Persian fairy floss.