THE DAIRY KITCHEN
Falafel Chicken with Cucumber Chickpea and Orange Salad
By THE DAIRY KITCHEN
Preparation 25 MINS
Cooking 15 MINS
With it's felafel crust, this chicken will become an instant family favourite and the simple salad can be whipped up in minutes.
Ingredients4 chicken breast fillets
2 cups natural yoghurt
1x 200g packet falafel mix
olive oil spray
1 tablespoon tahini
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 Lebanese cucumbers
1 orange, segmented and juice retained
400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons chopped mint
1 spring onion, finely sliced
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
Nutrition (per serve)
|Dietry Fibre (g)||50|
- Slice chicken breast horizantally into 2 thin steaks.
- Place 1 cup yoghurt into a shallow bowl and whisk in enough water for it to reach the consistency of thickened cream. Dip chicken into the yoghurt mixture, shaking off the excess and then coat in falafel mix.
- Arrange crumbed chicken on a baking paper lined oven tray and spray with oil. Bake at 200°C for 10 minutes, then carefully turn over and cook for a further 5 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Combine remaining yoghurt with tahini and lemon juice to make a sauce.
- For the salad, halve the cucumber lengthways and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon. Slice diagonally and place in a bowl with the orange segments and juice, chickpeas, mint and spring onion. Season to taste and dress with olive oil. Serve alongside chicken drizzled with tahini yoghurt.