THE DAIRY KITCHEN
Coconut and Passionfruit Ice Cream
By THE DAIRY KITCHEN
Preparation 20 MINS
Cooking 0 MINS
Get the scoop on homemade ice cream with this summery passionfruit treat.
Ingredients2 1/2 cups thickened cream
1 1/4 cups coconut milk
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup fresh passionfruit pulp (use 6 passionfruit)
almond bread, for serving
mint, for garnish
Freeze ice cream churn for at least 24 hours before making ice cream.
- Combine cream and coconut milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil over low heat. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Beat yolks and sugar together in a large bowl until thick and pale. Gradually whisk in the cream mixture. Pour mixture into saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon for 15 minutes until mixture coats the back of a spoon. Stand for 15 minutes to allow to cool and stir in passionfruit pulp.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour or until completely cold.
- Pour mixture into a chilled ice cream churn and churn until thick, approximately 1 1/2 hours, following manufacturers instructions.
- Transfer ice cream to a 2 litre capacity freezerproof container and freeze. Serve in bowls, accompanied with almond bread and garnished with mint.