THE DAIRY KITCHEN
Bircher Muesli Pancakes
By THE DAIRY KITCHEN
Preparation 25 MINS
Cooking 15 MINS
Two wonderful breakfast recipes combined!
Ingredients1 3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup reduced fat milk
1 cup reduced fat vanilla yoghurt
2 tablespoons honey
4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and quartered
2 tablespoons honey, extra
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
finely grated rind of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup low fat dairy spread, melted
olive oil spray
1 cup reduced fat flavoured yoghurt, extra
Leftover pancakes can be individually wrapped and frozen for up to 1 month. Defrost and warm in the microwave as required. The honeyed apples can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition (per serve)
|Dietry Fibre (g)||6.4|
|Fat Total (g)||18.1|
- Watch the video on how to make this recipe
- Combine the oats, milk, yoghurt and honey in a large bowl. Cover and chill overnight.
- Place apples, extra honey, water, cinnamon and lemon in a microwave safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes or until apple is tender.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the oat milk mixture. Combine the eggs and melted dairy spread and stir into batter until smooth.
- Spray a non-stick frypan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and cook until bubbles form on the top, turn and cook the other side. Remove and cover to keep warm while cooking remaining batter. Arrange pancakes in a stack, pile apple on top and dollop with extra yoghurt.